Error connecting to the SQL Server: -2147217843: Login failed for user.
Article ID: PE000155
When this error occurs on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 environment it is usually caused by User Account Control (UAC) preventing the PaperVision Enterprise configuration file (PVDM.ini) from being written to the “[Program Files]Digitech SystemsCommon Files" directory during installation.
To resolve this follow the steps below:
The following option requires a workstation that is not having this connection problem. If you do not have a workstation that is functioning correctly, proceed to Option 2.
- On a workstation where the PaperVision Enterprise client is functioning correctly, open "[Program Files]Digitech SystemsCommon Files".
- Copy the PVDM.INI to a network location accessible from the Windows 7/Windows Vista workstation, or to a mobile storage device (flash drive, CD, etc).
- From the Windows 7/Windows Vista workstation, locate the PVDM.INI from the network location or storage device.
- Copy the PVDM.INI to "[Program Files]Digitech SystemsCommon Files" or "[Program Files(x86)]Digitech SystemsCommon Files" if using a 64-bit OS.
- Uninstall the PaperVision Enterprise Client.
- Reinstall the PaperVision Enterprise Client by right clicking on Setup.exe and selecting Run As Administrator.
Note: The current release of PaperVision runs with elevated privileges when writing to the Program Files directory and these steps are not needed.