When integrated with PaperVision Tools, Canon imageFORMULA Series scanners can be configured to scan directly to PaperVision Enterprise or to ImageSilo with the touch of a button. Note that the following steps were created using a Canon P-150 imageFORMULA Series scanner, and depending on the particular model, scanner options may vary.
How to configure one-touch scanning to PaperVision Enterprise using a Canon imageFORMULA Series scanner
Article ID: PT000014
Before configuring the scanner, verify that the latest version of PaperVision Tools is installed as well as the latest CaptureOnTouch application from Canon (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/home).
TIP: PaperVision Tools requires elevated permissions to run; disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings before proceeding with the following steps.
- Launch the CaptureOnTouch application.
- Select the Select Scan Job tab at the top of the application.
- Click the New/Editing button below the Job list to create or edit a Scan Job.
- Edit the current job or select an Unconfigured job to create a new one.
- On the right, name the Job anything you’d like, for example Scan2PVE.
- Using the drop-down menu under Output Method, choose the Send to application option.
- Click the Browse button under Application and select PVEExplorerShortcut.exe located at: [Program Files]/Digitech Systems/PaperVision Tools.
- In the File name tab, choose the option that best fits your needs. This will be appended to the image file name and can be incremented. This can also be left blank.
- Under File Type, choose your desired file format: PDF, TIFF, JPG, or BMP.Select Browse under Save in folder to choose a location for the image to be stored.
TIP: This folder is a temporary location used to store the scanned documents before they are uploaded to PVE or to ImageSilo.
- Click the Button assignment tab and select/enable the Start button option.
- Click OK to save the Job Configuration.
- Your Scan2PVE Job should now be present in the Job list.
- Below the Job list, disable/uncheck the Assign scanner Start button to Scan First option.
- CaptureOnTouch is now configured for One-Touch scanning with PaperVision Enterprise.
- Load a document into your Canon scanner and press the Start or Scan button on the scanner.
- If prompted, configure your settings for PaperVision Tools.
TIP: If you have more than one Entity and would like to choose which Entity to scan to each time, click on the Display Client ID check box in the PaperVision Tools Options.
- Enter your user name and password information at the login screen, and then click OK to continue.
TIP: If you will be logging in using the same user name and password each time you scan, select the Save my user name and password option to automatically bypass this screen.
- You will be prompted to choose the project and any index field values for the document. When you have finished entering this information, click the Save button.
- The document will then be uploaded to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo for immediate viewing.