When integrated with PaperVision Tools, Epson WorkForce document scanners can be configured to scan directly to PaperVision Enterprise or to ImageSilo with the touch of a button. Note that the following steps were created using an Epson WorkForce DS-70000 Document Scanner. Depending on the particular model, scanner options may vary. Only scanner models that include either the Epson Event Manager or Document Capture Pro software can use this functionality.
How to Configure One-Touch Scanning to PaperVision Enterprise using an Epson WorkForce DS-70000 Document Scanner.
Article ID: PT000017
Before configuring the scanner, verify that the latest version of PaperVision Tools is installed as well as the latest version of Document Capture Pro software from Epson (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/index.do).
TIP: PaperVision Tools requires elevated permissions to run; disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings before proceeding with the following step.
- With the scanner connected and powered on, launch the Document Manager Pro software. If the application is already running, right-click the Document Manager Pro icon in the system tray and select Open Document Capture Pro.
- Click the Settings icon on the toolbar. The Job Management screen is displayed.
- Click the Add button to add a new job to the list. The Job Settings screen appears.
- Name the job appropriately in the Job Name: field.
- From the Scan tab, select the desired scan settings including Source, Document Size, Image Type, Rotation and Resolution options.
- Click the Output tab and configure file name and file type information. Select a location where the documents will be placed after scanning.TIP: The location is a temporary location used to store the scanned documents before they are uploaded to PVE or ImageSilo, therefore the folder name or location is not important.
- Click the Destination drop-down option located towards the bottom of the Job Settings window and select Application.
- Click the Destination Settings button to display the Settings for Transferring to Application window.
- Click the Add button to add a new destination.
- Name the Setting as desired (e.g. Scan2PVE).
- Click the Browse button under the Location field. Navigate to and select PVEExplorerShortcut.exe located at: [Program Files]/Digitech Systems/PaperVision Tools; then click Open.
- Select Transfer of File Path to Application under the Parameters as Launch Option section. Click the OK button to save and close the window. The new destination should now appear in the Destination List.
- Click the OK button to close the Settings for Transferring to Application window.
- Click the OK button to save and close the Job Settings window.
- From the Job Management window, the newly created job will appear in the Job List. Select this job and verify the correct settings in the Job Information area below. Click the Event Settings button.
- From the Event Settings window, click the drop-down option for Item 1 and select the newly created job. This will assign the Send hardware button on the scanner to this job. Click OK to save and close the Event Settings window.
- Click the OK button to close the Job Management window.
- Close Document Capture Pro. The application will be minimized to the system tray.
- Once Document Capture Pro is closed, the scanner will re-load the updated settings.
- Add pages to the feed tray of the scanner and then press the Send button on the scanner.
- If prompted, configure your settings for PaperVision Tools and click Save.TIP: If you have more than one Entity and would like to choose which Entity to scan to each time, click the Display Client ID check box in the PaperVision Tools Options.
- Enter your user name and password information at the PaperVision Explorer Tool: login screen, and then click OK to continue.TIP: If you will be logging in using the same user name and password each time, select the Save my user name and password option to automatically bypass this screen in the future.
- Select the appropriate project from the Project drop-down option and enter any index field values for the document. When you have finished entering this information, click the Save button.
- The document will then be uploaded to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo for immediate viewing.