When integrated with PaperVision Tools, Epson WorkForce Pro scanners can be configured to scan directly to PaperVision Enterprise or to ImageSilo with the touch of a button. Note that the following steps were created using an Epson GT-S50 WorkForce Pro scanner. Depending on the particular model, scanner options may vary. Only scanner models that include the Epson Event Manager utility can use this functionality
How to Configure One-Touch Scanning to PaperVision Enterprise using an Epson WorkForce Pro GT-S50 Document Scanner.
Article ID: PT000015
Before configuring the scanner, verify that the latest version of PaperVision Tools is installed as well as the latest Epson Event Manager utility from Epson (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/index.do).
Note: PaperVision Tools requires elevated permissions to run; disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings before proceeding with the following step.
- With the scanner connected and powered on, launch the Event Manager utility.
- If not already displayed, select the Button Settings tab.
- Click the Make Job Settings button towards the bottom of the application. The Job Settings screen appears.
- Click the New button to create a new Scan Job.
- Under Scan Settings, choose the document image settings appropriate for your needs.
- Under Save Settings, choose a folder for where the image file will be placed after scanning.
TIP: This Folder location is a temporary location used to store the scanned documents before they are uploaded to PVE or ImageSilo, therefore the folder name or location is not important.
- Choose the appropriate File Format (PDF, TIFF, Multi-TIFF, BMP, or JPEG) and using the Save Settings button, configure the settings for the selected image format. Click OK once the settings have been saved.
- Under Launch Action, click the pull-down menu and choose [Select application] from the list of available options. An Open dialogue appears.
- Navigate to and select the PVEExplorerShortcut.exe located at: [Program Files]/Digitech Systems/PaperVision Tools.
- Load a document into the scanner feeder tray and click the Test Settings button. Login to PaperVision Enterprise/ImageSilo when prompted. Click Cancel from the Add Documents window as it is not necessary to upload the scanned document.
- Once the settings have been configured and verified, click OK to save the Job Settings.
- In the Button Settings tab that should now be displayed, click the pull-down menu for any of the unassigned slots listed on this screen (01-10). From the list of available options select the Job that was just configured for Scan2PVE.
- Click Close.
- Once the Event Manager is closed, the display on the scanner will load and refresh the new settings.
- Add pages to the feed tray of the scanner.
- Using the Arrow Up and Arrow Down buttons on the scanner, scroll through the options until you see the Job that you just created. Press the Start button.
- If prompted, configure your settings for PaperVision Tools.
TIP: If you have more than one Entity and would like to choose which Entity to scan to each time, click on the Display Client ID check box in the PaperVision Tools Options.
- Enter your user name and password information at the login screen, and then click OK to continue.
TIP: If you will be logging in using the same user name and password each time you scan, select the Save my user name and password option to automatically bypass this screen.
- You will be prompted to choose the project and any index field values for the document. When you have finished entering this information, click the Save button.
- The document will then be uploaded to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo for immediate viewing.