When integrated with PaperVision Tools, Epson WorkForce Pro scanners can be configured to scan directly to PaperVision Enterprise or to ImageSilo with the touch of a button. Note that the following steps were created using an Epson WorkForce Pro GT-S80 scanner. Depending on the particular model, scanner options may vary. Only scanner models that include the Epson Event Manager utility can use this functionality.
How to Configure One-Touch Scanning to PaperVision Enterprise using an Epson WorkForce Pro GT-S80 Document Scanner.
Article ID: PT000016
Before configuring the scanner, verify that the latest version of PaperVision Tools is installed as well as the latest Epson Event Manager utility from Epson (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/index.do).
Note: PaperVision Tools requires elevated permissions to run; disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings before proceeding with the following steps.
- With the scanner connected and powered on, launch the Epson Event Manager utility.
- If not already displayed, select the Button Settings tab.
- Click the Make Job Settings button towards the bottom of the application. The Job Settings screen appears.
- Click the New button to create a new Scan Job.
- Under Scan Settings, choose the document image settings appropriate for your needs.
- Under Save Settings, choose a folder where the image file will be placed after scanning.TIP: This Folder location is a temporary location used to store the scanned documents before they are uploaded to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo, therefore the folder name or location is not important.
- Choose the appropriate File Format (JPEG, BMP, PDF, TIFF, or Multi-TIFF) and using the Save Settings button, configure the settings for the selected image format.
- Under Launch Action, click the pull-down menu and choose [Select application] from the list of available options. An Open dialogue appears.
- Navigate to and select PVEExplorerShortcut.exe located at: [Program Files]/Digitech Systems/PaperVision Tools and click Open.
- Load a document into the scanner feeder tray and click the Test Settings button. Login to PaperVision Enterprise/ImageSilo when prompted. Click Cancel from the Add Documents window as it is not necessary to upload the scanned document.
- Once the settings have been configured and verified, click OK to save the job settings.
- From the Button Settings tab, click the pull-down menu for any of the unassigned slots displayed on the screen (01-10). From the list of available options select the job that was just configured for one-touch scanning.
- Click Close.
- Once the Event Manager is closed, the scanner display will refresh the new settings.
- Add pages to the feed tray of the scanner.
- Using the Arrow Up and Arrow Down buttons on the scanner, scroll through the options until you see the job that you just created. Press the Start button.
- If prompted, configure your settings for PaperVision Tools.TIP: If you have more than one Entity and would like to choose which Entity to scan to each time, click on the Display Client ID check box in the PaperVision Tools Options.
- Enter your user name and password information at the PaperVision Explorer Tool: Login screen, and then click OK to continue.TIP: If you will be logging in using the same user name and password each time you scan, select the Save my user name and password option to automatically bypass this screen.
- From the Add Documents screen, choose the project and enter any index field values for the document. When you have finished entering this information, click the Save button.
- The document is uploaded to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo and is available for immediate viewing.