PaperVision Tools offers powerful functionality for scanning to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo. Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners are equipped with One Touch technology that can integrate with PaperVision Tools. This article describes how to configure a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner to scan directly to PaperVision Enterprise or ImageSilo with the touch of a button.
How to configure One Touch Scanning using PaperVision Tools with a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.
Article ID: PT000013
Before configuring the scanner, it’s important to ensure that the latest drivers for the scanner are installed and that at a minimum, PaperVision Tools version R69 is installed as well.
- Click Start > All Programs > ScanSnap Manager > ScanSnap Manager Settings. This will launch the ScanSnap Manager as well as place the ScanSnap icon in the computer’s System Tray. If the Application tab is not available, close the ScanSnap Manger and proceed to step 2. If the Application tab is available, skip step 2 and proceed to step 3.
- From the System Tray, right-click the ScanSnap icon, disable (uncheck) the Use Quick Menu selection. Right-click the ScanSnap icon again and select the Scan Button Settings optionNOTE: In some instances, the user may need to disable (uncheck) the box in the upper left hand side of the ScanSnap Manager Menu, then click Apply in the lower right side of the window.
- Select the Application Tab, then click the Add or Remove button. Click Add.
- Enter a name for the button such as Scan to Silo, then click the Browse button (under the Application Path).
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Digitech Systems\PaperVision Tools\, and open the PVEExplorerShortcut.exe. Click OK, then Close.
- Select the option Add A Profile from the profile drop down (in the upper right hand corner), enter a Profile Name, then click OK.
- Select the application created in step 4 from the Application drop down list. Ensure the correct profile is displayed in the Select a Profile drop down list.
- Make any customized document setting changes then click the Apply button. Click OK to exit.
After scanning documents, the PaperVision Tools Application will automatically prompt the user to log in to the appropriate PaperVision Enterprise entity. Once logged in, the user can select a project as well as enter any index field values for the documents.