This article explains how to manually configure the PaperVision Automation Service (PaperVision ProcessInitiator2) using the PaperVision Configuration Utility. If a user skipped configuring the Automation Service during the setup wizard, the steps below can be used to configure the service.
Note: These steps are only applicable for PaperVision Enterprise R74 and above.
To configure the PaperVision Automation Service (PaperVision ProcessInitiator2):
- Click the Start/Windows Home button and select “Run”
- From the “Run” prompt, click the “Browse” button and browse to C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86))\Digitech Systems\PaperVision\PVEClient
- Highlight DSI.PVEConfiguration.Utility.exe and click the “Open” button, which returns you to the “Run” prompt.
- Place the cursor at the end of the line, press the spacebar to insert a single space, then type /wiz
- The Run line should now display “C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86)\Digitech Systems\PaperVision\PVEClient\DSI.PVEConfiguration.Utility.exe” /wiz
- Click the “OK” button (or press the <Enter> key).
- The PaperVision Enterprise Configuration Wizard launches. Click <Yes> to any applicable UAC prompts if necessary
- From the “Welcome – PaperVision Enterprise Configuration” screen, click the <Next> button
- From the “Configure PaperVision Automation Service” screen select one of the following options and then click the <Next> button:
- Local System Account – this option requires no additional configuration. However, this account generally does not have access to network shared drives and other directories on the computer.
- This Account – this option requires a Windows user account that has the necessary security rights to perform all PaperVision Automation Service functions such as reading, writing, and deleting files.
- From the “Thank You” screen, click the <Finish> button
To manually uninstall and re-install the PaperVision Automation Service (PaperVision ProcessInitiator2) type one of the following commands from a Command Prompt window using the “Run as Administrator” option:
To uninstall the PaperVision Automation Service
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Digitech Systems\PaperVision\PVEClient\DSI.PVECommon.PVProcInit.exe"
To re-install the PaperVision Automation Service
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Digitech Systems\PaperVision\PVEClient\DSI.PVECommon.PVProcInit.exe"